Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
For example: 2, 10'x10' piles of brush, branches, berry bushes and grass clippings
1. No outdoor burning shall be done when a burn ban is in effect.
2. No outdoor burning shall be done during the declared period of impaired air quality. Burning conditions shall be obtained each day before starting to burn.
3. Burning must be done with the following clearances from structures, property lines, and other combustible materials:
a. Not less than 15 feet when using an approved burning appliance.
b. Not less than 50 feet for pile sizes greater than four feet by four feet but less than ten feet by ten feet.
c. Not less than 50 feet from any structures regardless of pile size.
4. A person capable of extinguishing the fire shall attend it at all times and the fire must be totally extinguished before leaving it. A sufficient water supply and shovel must be at the burning site and ready to use.
5. Burning shall be conducted during daylight hours and only 1 pile may be burned at a time and it must be extinguished before starting another.
6. No fires are permitted in or within 500 feet of a forest slash and without a slash burning permit from Washington DNR.
7. If a fire creates a nuisance, it must be extinguished upon direction from the jurisdictional fire protection district., the local air pollution control authority, or the Wahkiakum County Public Works Director.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
This permit shall be kept at the fire site at all times.
This permit is only valid for 30 days.
Click "Submit and Print", then right click, and select "Print".
This burn permit is approved by the Wahkiakum County Public Works Department pursuant to Ordinance 122-94. The large burn permit shall be approved pursuant to the following conditions:
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field