The system is already programmed with landline phone numbers (both listed and unlisted) from phone company records. However, it cannot contact your cellular phone, VoIP phone or email address unless you give us your contact information and your permission. To ensure that you receive these warnings you will need to register the telephone numbers for your cellular phone, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone.
If the call is picked up by an answering machine it will leave a message and not retry the call. If the number is busy or does not answer, the system will make two additional attempts. Also, this system can contact TTY/TDD devices used by the deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
Common reasons to sign up:
- Police needing your help to solve crimes or find missing persons
- Emergency protective measures during a disaster
- Knowledge about a hazardous situation near your home (fire, hazardous materials release, or police response activities)
- Receive emergency information for locations other than your home (like your business or another family member that you care for)
- Receive emergency information affecting your home