The Wahkiakum County Clerk's Office is authorized by the U.S. Department of State to accept passport applications. Passport applications may be submitted Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Appointments are not necessary.
To obtain a passport application, visit the Wahkiakum County Clerk's Office or you may download a form from the U.S. Department of State.
If it has been less than 15 years since your previous passport was issued, you may be able to submit the application by mail using form DS-82. The form contains four questions on the first page to determine eligibility.
All first time applicants and those ineligible to re-apply by mail must appear in person including minors under the age of 16.
- Completed Passport Application.
- Proof of Citizenship: certified birth certificate, previous passport, or Certificate of Naturalization. (Individuals born in Washington State after 1/1/1927, may order certified birth certificates from the local Health Department.)
- Current passport photo taken withing 6 months of submitting the Passport Application (must have a neutral, white or off-white background and be 2" x 2")
- Valid photo identification (Driver’s License)
- Separate check or money order with each application to: U.S. Department of State
16 and older $110.00
Under 16 years of age $ 80.00
**For expedited service, please add $60 per application
*Cash is not acceptable, as payment is mailed.
- Separate payment of $35.00 by check, cash or money order to: Wahkiakum County
Clerk for processing fee.
- We can take your passport photo in our office for a $10.00 fee.
TOTAL PASSPORT FEE:
$145.00 per Application for 16 and older ($110.00 to US Dept. of State - $35.00 to Wahkiakum County Clerk)
$115.00 per Application for under 16 yrs. ($ 80.00 to US Dept. of State - $35.00 to Wahkiakum County Clerk)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE
- Child and both parents must be present
- Long form birth certificate must be submitted to establish citizenship and parental relationship.
PASSPORT PHOTOS TAKEN AT THE CLERK'S OFFICE
Applicants can now have their passport photos taken at the Clerk's Office. We take passport photos Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The fee is $10.00 per person. Please read the following requirements related to the passport photo process:
- Do not wear white or light colored clothing.
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
- If you normally wear a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
- Articles worn for religious or medical reasons should be accompanied by a statement to that effect.
- Eyeglasses have to be removed for photo.
APPLICATION PROCESSING TIMES
The passport agency strives to process passports within six weeks of application. However due to fluctuations in demand, processing times vary throughout the year.
To check the status of a passport application, please visit the Passport Agency Web-Site.
If you are leaving within 2 weeks and have not received your passport, please call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to midnight, EST or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information, please read the Passport Agency's Frequently Asked Questions.