Court Facilitator Program
We are happy to announce that Wahkiakum County is now offering a Court Facilitator Program to provide basic services to Pro Se Litigants in family law, adult guardianship, and minor guardianship cases.
64 Main Street
Cathlamet, WA 98612
To schedule an appointment contact the Court Facilitator Directly by:
Phone: 360-875-9328 ext. 3
IN ORDER TO MEET WITH THE COURT FACILITATOR YOU MUST PRINT, REVIEW, COMPLETE AND SIGN THE GR 27 DISCLAIMER PRIOR TO YOUR SESSION:
PRINT: GR 27 DISCLAIMER
The Court Facilitator CAN provide:
- Information on basic court procedures and logistics including requirements for service, filing, scheduling hearings, and compliance with local procedures;
- Assistance with selection as well as distribution of forms;
- Assistance with completing forms that have been approved by the Court, Clerk's Office, or Administrative Office of the Courts;
- Explanation of legal terms;
- Assistance with preparation of Court orders under the direction of the Court; and
- Referrals to legal and social service resources.
The Court Facilitator CANNOT:
- Meet with anyone represented by an attorney
- Advise or counsel you as to what legal action to take
- Represent any party in court or tell the party what to say in court
- Fill out your papers for you or tell you how to fill them out
- Cannot speculate as to how your case might turn out or guarantee any results for you in your case.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME WITH THE FACILITATOR
Your time is valuable, so make the most of your visit with the Court Facilitator. Bring all of your paperwork with you to the appointment. Please have all of your paperwork completed to the best of your ability prior to the appointment. If you have children, please do not bring them to your appointment. The facilitator MAY cancel your scheduled appointment if you are more than 10 minutes late to your session or if you fail to appear for your scheduled session. NO REFUND OF APPOINTMENT FEE WILL BE ISSUED.
COURT FACILITATOR PROGRAM
By Appointment Only
$20.00- ½ Hour Session
$40.00-1 Hour Session
The fee shall be paid directly to the Court Clerk prior to scheduling a session with the Court Facilitator.
The Court Facilitator Fee Payment can be made to the Wahkiakum County Clerk by:
Or Online (click link below:)